Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Words of Affirmation

I just need to drop by here to share a post of other's blog because it's too good to not be shared. Open, open, open! :)

The post of the link above made me teary because it shows how beautiful love can be between a father and a daughter (and to anyone, really).. :')

Little bit about myself, words of encouragements always work for me but, at the same time, words can really hurt my feelings the most. Most of the time, I often feel so insecure about myself (which I'm not going to share the reason why in here because I'm not ready). But the thing is, words of affirmation can really help me to feel less insecure. It's not because I am an attention-seeker but because "words of affirmation" is my primary love language* — with the "quality time" as the almost equally top love language which makes it important too. Reading the post of the link above just showed me how words can matter even though to a young girl.

To end this post, here is a quote that I found and that I think it's beautiful:
"It doesn’t make sense to call ourselves ugly, because we don’t really see ourselves. We don’t watch ourselves sleeping in bed, curled up and silent with chests rising and falling with our own rhythm. We don’t see ourselves reading a book, eyes fluttering and glowing. You don’t see yourself looking at someone with love and care inside your heart. There’s no mirror in your way when you’re laughing and smiling and happiness is leaking out of you. You would know exactly how bright and beautiful you are if you saw yourself in the moments where you are truly yourself." (Unknown).


*One time I read a book in psychology & relationship category and the author talked about how humans have 5 love languages such as words of affirmation, quality time, gift, service, and physical touch in his book. I took the quiz at the back of the book and words of affirmation is my primary love language and quality time is one point less to be equal as words of affirmation. I think the book makes sense a lot and it has a great informations. For more information check the website (click here) or just read the book. :D

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN